Saturday, May 23, 2020

First Darkfield Experiment




Darkfield has been a mystery to me. I’ve seen plenty of photos taken in darkfield; but didn’t really understand how or why to use it. There are plenty of darkfield filters available online but my lack of understanding made me reluctant to make even a small investment.

Then I came across a Microbe Hunter video about these filters and how to make one. As always, these videos are filled with lessons and practical information.

It seemed that it was fairly simple to make my own. I located transparent plastic, used a filter as a template, cut it out, and cut a small circle of black paper attached with double stick tape to be the stop. It’s not pretty, but it works. 

YAY!

I’m not ready for Rheinberg or Oblique filters but they look fascinating. For now, I’m still taking baby steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment