Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Filters and filter holders





Microbehunter.com is my microscope tutor. I learn something from every video. The lessons are either useful to me or just plain interesting. Yesterday I found a bonanza.


I learned:
  • My new microscope does have a filter holder. From what I’ve read. I was looking for a slot in the condenser. Mine has a swing-out holder at the bottom of the condenser
  • Why I should use a blue filter: I have halogen illumination
  • How to make my own darkfield filter.
  • What a Rheinberg filter is; how to make one; why/when to use one.
  • What an oblique filter is and when to use one. I’d heard reference to oblique illumination, but had no idea what it is.
This site is a wonderful place to learn about microscopes and their uses



No comments:

Post a Comment