Sunday, June 14, 2020

Condensers – a minor rant



As a rank beginner, it has not been easy to learn about condensers. My student scope did not have one.  My big excitement about having a condenser on my new scope was because it has a filter holder. I wanted to learn about how to use it.

My internet searches brought up all kinds of technical information with diagrams of a condenser’s construction, and about cones of light. Somewhat interesting but at this stage of my learning curve, I don’t care about technical details.  Maybe later, when I’ve learned more.

I am interested now only in how to get the best images. I finally got useful information from a December, 2008 Microbe Hunter Magazine article. At last!

I wish that knowledgeable people would take pity on those of us who start out with very basic equipment.  Please, someone publish on line a  “Condensers for Dummies”. Or maybe I’m the only dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment